MedBiquitous provides non-profit entities with an open forum for the development of information technologies to promote lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and better patient outcomes. Through technologies implementing MedBiquitous standards, these organizations can save money and better fulfill their missions to promote excellence in their respective fields.
Non-profit members receive full access to MedBiquitous XML and Web services. In addition, they have the chance to:
- Define technologies that enable new models for health professions education, assessment, and quality improvement.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology development for e-learning and competency-based education and assessment in the health professions.
- Discuss technical and non-technical issues with peers and industry in an open, neutral environment.
- Participate in creating standards that facilitate gathering and reporting of evaluation data for educational activities.
- Participate in creating standards that facilitate the exchange of professional credentials and other achievements.
- Initiate new standards development activities and shape the Consortium's direction.
Non-profit members receive full voting rights and have predominant representation on the Board of Directors.
Membership costs $3000 per year for non-profit organizations.
Once an organization joins, its representatives may request to be appointed to MedBiquitous working groups. Members are updated on MedBiquitous activities through an email newsletter (subscribe).