MedBiquitous develops XML and Web service standards to advance lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and better patient outcomes for the health professions. All standards go through our rigorous ANSI-accredited development process.
- Activity Report
Certificates for CE and certification related activities
- Competency Framework
Competencies, learning outcomes, and learning objectives
- Curriculum Inventory
Defines core curriculum data for a health professions education program.
- Healthcare LOM
Describes learning activities and content
- Healthcare Professional Profile
Profile data on healthcare professionals
- Medical Education Metrics
Continuing education evaluation data
- MedBiquitous Virtual Patient
Enables interoperability of computer-based patient scenarios
- Performance Framework
Represents expected levels of performance related to a competency.
Activity Report allows organizations to electronically compile CE and Maintenance of Certification certificate data across providers, making it easier to track lifelong learning and improvement.
Activity Report Standard (PDF)
Implementation Guide (PDF)
Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP)
The Competency Framework allows competencies and learning outcomes to be used as the backbone of education and performance management systems, enabling users to search for resources addressing a specific competency and determine where competencies are addressed in the curriculum.
- Competency Framework Overview
- Competency Framework Standard (PDF)
- Competency Framework Schema
- Implementation Guidelines (PDF)
- Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guidelines, Specification, Schemas, Examples, ZIP)
Curriculum Inventory is intended to facilitate the exchange and aggregation of data about health professions curriculum across the continuum of professional education and training. It is necessary to enable the aggregation of curriculum data for research and benchmarking purposes.
Healthcare LOM provides a standard way to describe learning activities and content, making it easier to find resources and maximize their value and reach.
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Overview
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Standard (PDF)
- Healthcare Learning Object Metadata Documents and Schemas (ZIP)
- Implementation Guide (PDF)
- Implementation toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP)
Drafts of version 2.0 specification and schema are available as well.
The Healthcare Professional Profile provides a standard XML format for profile data on healthcare professionals, making it easier to exchange and compile profile data across organizations.
- Healthcare Professional Profile Overview
- Name Schema and Specification
- Address Schema and Specification
- Professional Profile Schema and Specification
- All schemas and specifications
- Implementation Guide (PDF, 235 KB)
- Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 2.9 MB)
Medical Education Metrics (MEMS) provides a standard format for CE outcomes data, allowing educators to bring outcomes data together across systems and organizations for better research.
Medical Education Metrics Standard (PDF, 1.26 MB)
Survey Items Specification (PDF, 449 KB)
Implementation Guide (PDF, 160 KB)
Implementation Toolkit (Implementation Guide, Specifications, Schemas, Examples, ZIP, 1.54 MB)
Virtual Patients are interactive computer programs that simulate real life clinical scenarios for educational purposes. The MedBiquitous Virtual Patient standard (MVP) enables the exchange of virtual patients across systems and institutions.
- MedBiquitous Virtual Patient Summary(PDF, 131 KB)
- Virtual Patient Data Standard (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Virtual Patient Player Standard (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Virtual Patient Schemas (ZIP 5 KB)
- Implementation Toolkit (ZIP 3 MB)
The Performance Framework specification allows one to represent expected levels of performance related to a competency in a standard format. Performance frameworks can then be referenced from other data to make learner performance data portable and easily understood across a learner's career.