Association of American Medical Colleges
This workshop is designed to assist medical school technical staff with preparation for the Curriculum Inventory. The session will begin with an overview of MedAPS, focusing on how the Curriculum Inventory is linked to ASSET, the pre-populated LCME database, and the ASSET Dashboard. After a technical review of the MedBiquitous Curriculum Inventory Data Exchange Standard (XML), workshop presenters will discuss the following topics:
- Using Standardized Instructional and Assessment Methods
- Implementing the concept of Resources for Instructional and Assessment Methods
- Using the Physician Competency Reference Set to document Program Competencies
- Using the Competency Framework to document curriculum competency mapping
- Linking course and session objectives to competencies
- Clerkship data – what needs to be documented; how should it be documented, and where can the data be found?
- Electives and Selectives data – what needs to be documented; how should it be documented, and where can the data be found?
- Small groups, Academies, ‘Boot Camps,’ and other complicated scheduling – what needs to be documented and how should it e documented?
- New terminology/concepts – phase, sequence block, competency, milestone, EPA, integrated clerkship/experience, longitudinal clerkship/experience
- Documenting Integrated and Longitudinal Curricula
Participants will use the presented information to document the process for developing uploads from their systems to the Curriculum Inventory and map their curriculum data to the MedBiquitous Curriculum Inventory Data Exchange Standard.