The MedBiquitous Consortium has several working groups that are developing XML and Web services standards key to advancing lifelong learning, continuous improvement, and better patient outcomes for the health professions.
- The Activity Report Working Group develops XML and Web services standards for the exchange of professional education and certification related accomplishments. The specification enables automated tracking of these activities and eases the administrative burden on clinicians.
- The Competencies Working Group develops XML standards and guidelines for competency and performance level data, enabling educational resources and activities to be tied to a competency framework or performance framework.
- The Curriculum Inventory Working Group develops XML standards for the exchange of curriculum data for benchmarking and educational research.
- The Educational Trajectory Working Group is developing a standard for educational achievement data that would make learner competency data portable.
- The Financial Interest and Disclosure Working Group is developing technical specifications for the exchange of financial interest and disclosure data to enable the development of a central system for maintaining and disclosing this data.
- The Learning Experience Working Group is developing a set of xAPI profiles to provide guidance around specific types of activities, including simulations and clinical training activities/experiences.
- The Learning Objects Working Group develops XML and Web services standards to enable the interoperability, accessibility and reusability of Web-based healthcare learning content. These technologies will reduce the cost of creating online learning, extend the reach of high quality learning modules, and create more effective, measurable healthcare education.
- The Metrics Working Group develops XML and Web services standards for the exchange of aggregate evaluation data and other key metrics for health professions education. These specifications can help educators, supporters, and accreditors to better measure the reach and efficacy of educational activities and programs.
- The Professional Profile Working Group creates XML and Web services standards for exchanging healthcare professional profile information. In addition to easing the burden and costs associated with many administrative tasks, these specifications provide a foundation for many other services.
- The Virtual Patient Working Group develops XML standards and Web services requirements to enable interoperability, accessibility and reusability of Web-based virtual patient learning content. Virtual patients are interactive computer programs that simulate real life clinical scenarios and provide an effective way for healthcare professionals to not only learn about a wide range of clinical topics, but to practice in a virtual and therefore safe environment.
Our Process Document provides information on how our Working Groups create MedBiquitous standards.