This working group will focus on creating a specification for health care professional profile data and will supplement this effort with requirements for one or more web services to enable the exchange of professional profile data across organizations. Requirements will be used to create web services descriptions. These specifications and services will serve as foundational pieces for other specifications and web services designed by the MedBiquitous® Program and will be designed to allow for building a digital ecosystem that can support health professions education and credentialing.
Develop data standards and web services descriptions to enable the exchange of clinician profile information across organizations and systems.
- Enables faster and more accurate updating of credentials data.
- Enables faster delivery of credentials data to regulatory bodies, health care institutions, and the public.
- Allows for easier compilation and integration of data from primary sources.
- Facilitates faster development of information systems for credentials data.
Download Standards and Guidelines
MedBiquitous standards and guidelines are freely available under an open license. Use the link below to download the standards and guidelines.
- Name Specification (PDF)
- Name Schema (XSD)
- Address Specification (PDF)
- Address Schema (XSD)
- Professional Profile Specification (PDF)
- Professional Profile Services Specification (PDF)
- Professional Profile Schema (XSD)
- All Schemas and Specifications (ZIP, 2.6 MB)
- Implementation Toolkit (ZIP, 2.9 MB): Implementation guide, specifications, schemas, and examples
- Implementation Guidelines (PDF)